Use this Le Nouvel An French CI lesson plan to teach your French students about Le Nouvel An while giving them lots of repetition and comprehensible input in this French CI lesson. It includes everything you need to teach about the topic, with input in both reading AND listening. You can learn more about it in this blog post.
Comprehensible input is important in a world languages class – but you can’t always do stories. This is a French comprehensible input lesson that uses target structures in a comprehensible way to teach about a nonfiction topic – how France celebrates the New Year and Epiphany. The text is appropriate for 2nd semester French and later.
The target structures are:
- ils fêtent
- beaucoup de gens
This item includes:
- a 32-slide PowerPoint with repetition of the target vocabulary
- a text version of the PowerPoint
- comprehension questions
- a grammar explanation on forming the future tense
- a worksheet on writing resolutions
- a worksheet on matching resolutions with the plans for achieving them
- a story retell sheet with photos – one for writing, one for oral retell
- a list of associated videos
- a complete answer key
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!