This Joe and the Talking Sandwich French short story will allow you to read a short story, entirely in French. It tells the story of a high school student who has an issue with his lunch. Students in the second semester of high school French would be able to read the present tense version with teacher assistance.
Joe is a student who brings his lunch to school. Usually this isn’t a problem. But today – his sandwich is talking to him! It gets him in trouble with his teachers and the bus driver. But worst of all, it begs Joe not to eat him at lunch time.
This activity packet includes a 2 page story with two different versions. One is in the present tense, the other in the past tense. Also includes an authentic materials activity and an infographic.
The print version includes:
- 2 -page short story in French – present tense
- 2 -page short story in French – past tense
- 27 comprehension questions in English
- Illustrate the story activity
- Main idea and summary activity
- Infographic about sandwiches
- Authentic materials activity about ordering from a sandwich menu
- Answer key
- Resources page with links to videos and website