Do you need a quick grammar lesson on French passé composé with être? This PowerPoint and handouts explain the concept clearly and concisely with more detail and examples than most textbooks have. Go through the PowerPoint with your students as they take notes on the handouts. Includes examples in context with a reading passage about the French revolution. Includes the formation of the passé composé and a brief explanation of when to use it.
Many textbooks do not include enough examples of the passé composé, or they don’t show the passé composé used in use in any meaningful way. This French grammar lesson plan will guide your students by introducing the most basic concept then building on it with examples and practice activities. Students are then challenged to “level up” by using the passé composé with être to write about a weekend trip to visit grandparents.
This item includes:
- Printable pdf handouts for students –
- explanation of how to form the passé composé with être
- Practice activity for forming the passé composé with être
- Practice activity for irregular past participles
- “Level Up” activity – complete paragraphs about different people by changing the verb forms
- Reading activity about the French Revolution
- Answer key
- PowerPoint that includes explanation of the grammar on the printables and the reading passage