Do you need a quick French ER verbs lesson plan? This powerpoint and handouts explain the concept clearly and concisely with more detail and examples than most textbooks have. Go through the powerpoint with your students as they take notes on the handouts. Includes examples in context with a reading passage about climbing defensive castles.
Many textbooks do not include enough examples of using ER verbs, or they don’t show the verbs in use in any meaningful way. This French grammar lesson plan will guide your students by introducing the most basic concept then building on it with examples and practice activities. Students are then challenged to “level up” by changing a passage in the je form to the tu form. Once you’ve learned how to use ER verbs, the reading activity will show them in action – learn about ice cream in a simple reading passage.
This French ER verbs lesson plan includes:
- Printable pdf handouts for students –
- explanation of how to conjugate -er verbs
- Practice activity for -er verbs in the singular and plural
- “Level Up” activity – change a paragraph written in the je form to the tu form
- Reading activity about ice cream that uses many ER verbs
- Answer key
- Powerpoint that includes explanation of the grammar on the printables and the reading passage