Here’s a passé composé digital escape game that is a fun way to learn about French history and culture AND practice forming and using the passé composé at the same time! Your brother-in-law has been accused of a crime and is being held in the Bastille prison. The only way to free him is to find the real criminal – but you will have to use your French skills to do so.
To find the keys to free the friend, students will have to answer questions based on a video and a written passage, plus practice using both the passé composé. Activities are in French, with a little bit of English to help make things clear. Includes both avoir and être as helping verbs, regular and irregular verbs.
This passé composé digital escape game includes a detailed teacher instruction guide with answer key and a link to access the site. Students will need access to the Internet/YouTube in order to play the game. Students will enjoy this game as a fun way of practicing the formation and usage of both tenses.
A summary of what’s included:
- teacher’s guide with instructions and answer key
- access to the game website
- reading activity – read a passage and answer comprehension questions
- conjugation activity – choose whether to use avoir or être to form the passé composé
- reading activity – put the events in the order they happened
- listening activity – watch and listen to a short video about July 14 and answer the questions
- writing activity – form he correct passé composé of the verbs in a letter
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!