This Lafayette French Comprehensible Input Lesson uses target structures in a comprehensible way to teach about a nonfiction topic – Lafayette. Hamilton is the hottest musical around – and Lafayette plays a huge role in it. Your students can learn more about this French hero of the American revolution while getting lots of CI. The text is simple enough for first semester French.
The target structures are:
- est un soldat
- se battre (se bat/se battent)
This Lafayette French Comprehensible Input Lesson includes:
- A 22-slide powerpoint telling the story of the Marquis de Lafayette
- A printable version of the story on one page
- comprehension questions about the story
- a grammar explanation and practice sheets about possession using “de”
- a worksheet to practice using pour and contre
- guided story retell and rewrite sheets with images from the powerpoint
- additional resources page
- answer key
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!