Comprehensible input is important in a world languages class – but you can’t always do stories. This is a French comprehensible input lesson that uses target structures in a comprehensible way to teach about a nonfiction topic – French food. The text is simple enough for first semester French.
The target structures are:
- On mange – one eats, people eat
- Se prépare – is prepared
- Est délicieux/délicieuse – is delicious
- Le dîner, le petit déjeuner, le déjeuner – dinner, breakfast, lunch
This item includes:
- A 37-slide PowerPoint with repetition of the target vocabulary
- a text version of the PowerPoint
- comprehension questions
- a grammar explanation and exercises for the pronoun “on”
- a story retell sheet with photos – one for writing, one for oral retell
- a list of associated videos
- a complete answer key
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!