French Comprehensible Input unit 6 for level 2 – le voyage
What is a French Comprehensible Input unit?
Are you wanting to use French comprehensible input in your classes, but:
- You are required to use a district textbook?
- You need a little bit of structure as you get your feet wet with comprehensible input?
- You are required to give a district final, but want to use CI to teach your classes?
If so, this French comprehensible input unit is for you!
This unit is the perfect complement to a district curriculum or textbook – it covers some of the typical vocabulary and grammar taught in the first semester of French 2, but with a more communicative approach. Work through the unit with circling and repetition and at the end of each unit, your students will be amazed at how much they can do with the language!
A complete unit that can be used to begin the second year of French. It builds on the vocabulary from the first year units 1-8 and second year unit 1. Includes lesson plans for 12 days, talking about air travel, souvenirs, hotels and tourism.
This unit includes the following materials:
• Lesson plan guide for each day
• Powerpoint with lesson for each day
• Student dictionary handout page
• Handouts to practice writing and reading about their daily routine
• Grab it! game for hotel and travel vocabulary
• Handout for students to read reviews of toiletry products
• Handout for students to write about vacations and hotels
• Activities to practice using direct and indirect object pronouns
• Unit story using vocabulary from this unit
• Cloze activities to accompany story – one with and one without word bank
• Running dictation game to accompany unit story
• Handout for unit story retell/rewrite
• Animated video of unit story
• Short assessments for unit: reading, listening, presentational speaking, interpersonal communication and presentational writing
Use the unit on its own or as a follow-up to the level 1 units 1-8 and level 2 units 1-5.
Units 1-8 are available for level 1 and units 1-6 for level 2. Each unit builds on the previous units’ vocabulary. A list of the vocabulary for each unit is available here: http://bit.ly/2Sg3tLK
Another amazing Frenchified resource! My students (and I) genuinely enjoy not only the comprehensibility of these units, but also the touches of humor, the practical application, and the way the the language and concepts can be put to use immediately.
Merci! – Sabrina B.
This is very well done and a great addition to my Les vacances unit. My students enjoyed all of the activities. Merci – Ada M.