This French comprehensible input unit 5 can be used to begin the second year of French. It builds on the vocabulary from the first year units 1-8 and second year unit 1-4. Includes lesson plans for 10 days, focusing on the use of y and en and the formation of the comparative and superlative.
This unit includes the following materials:
• Lesson plan guide for each day
• Powerpoint with lesson for each day
• Student dictionary handout page
• Handouts to practice writing and reading about activities and sports
• Grab it! game for vocabulary
• Handout for students to write about comparisons between two things
• Handout for students to practice recognizing why y and en were used
• Handout for students to practice speaking about the most/least
• Unit story using vocabulary from this unit
• Cloze activities to accompany story – one with and one without word bank
• Running dictation game to accompany unit story
• Handout for unit story retell/rewrite
• Animated video of unit story
• Short assessments for unit: reading, listening, presentational speaking, interpersonal communication and presentational writing
Use the unit on its own or as a follow-up to the level 1 units 1-8 and level 2 units 1-4.
Use the unit as a jumping off point to start your year off comprehensibly! This unit is especially useful if:
- You are required to teach a textbook curriculum but prefer CI – it follows some of the most common sequencing found in current French textbooks.
- You want to do CI but you need a little bit of structure.
- You are required to give a common district final – it covers many of the things found in most first semester courses.
Units 1-8 for level 1French and units 1-5 for level 2 are available now. All units build on the vocabulary of the previous units. A list of the vocabulary for each unit is available here: http://bit.ly/2Sg3tLK