French Extra episode 3 Activities are the perfect way to get the most out of your language learning experience. Designed for use with the French version of Extra!, these activities provide insight into comprehension, improved vocabulary, and an overall more enriching viewing experience. Included with this packet is everything you need to get up to speed before starting Episode 3 – Sam a un rendez-vous.
The show Extra! is a thirteen-episode series for French language learners. it takes place in a Paris apartment/dormitory and has four main characters – Sam, Nico, Sacha, and Annie. Sam is an American who is trying to learn French as well as to make some new friends. He has a secret that will affect the way he relates to other people.
Each episode can stand alone, although it is more interesting to start from the beginning and watch them in order. I spread the episodes out over the course of a semester, but you could do them more or less frequently.
I usually show these to my second-year students during the second semester. They have enough vocabulary to understand most of the dialog by this time. As the season goes on, Sam’s French skills improve – and the level of language used by the characters also goes up.
The worksheets provide comprehension checks but also scaffolding resources.
In this packet you will find:
- vocabulary list with English translations
- vocabulary list with no translations – have students fill in while watching
- comprehension questions in French
- comprehension questions in English
- flashcards for the vocabulary list
- brief grammar explanation – the expression avoir mal à
- word search
- label the vocabulary sheet for body parts, with and without hints
- Scrambled sentences
- crossword puzzle
- Who said it? activity
- Fill in the blank activity – with word bank