This Statue of Liberty bundle French reading comprehension activity will teach your students about the history of the Statue from the time when it was just an idea up to the present. It is suitable for novice-high and intermediate-low students with teacher guidance and higher level students to work independently. If you teach AP French, this reading can be useful in giving your students practice reading nonfiction articles for the interpretive section of the test. The reading can lead to discussion or writing activities to include the other two modes of communication.
The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of the United States, but her roots are in France. How did she come to be, and what were the challenges along the way? Learn more in this reading for French learners.
The print version includes:
- 4-page article in French about the Statue
- 12 comprehension questions in English
- 12 comprehension questions in French
- Answer key
- Resources page with links to videos and website
The Google™ drive item includes:
- Google™ slides reading in French
- Google™ slides 12 short answer questions in English
- Google™ slides 12 short answer questions in French
- Answer key
- Links to related resources
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!