This Chunnel bundle French reading comprehension activity will teach your students about the purpose and construction of the tunnel under the English Channel – the Chunnel. It is suitable for novice-high/intermediate-low students with teacher guidance and higher level students to work independently. If you teach AP French, this reading can be useful in giving your students practice reading nonfiction articles for the interpretive section of the test. The reading can lead to discussion or writing activities to include the other two modes of communication.
After many years of dreaming and planning, the countries of England and France were finally linked by a tunnel under the English Channel. At the time of construction, it was the biggest, most expensive project ever undertaken by man. This reading explores the planning, construction and current issues brought up by the tunnel.
The print version includes:
- 2-page article in French about the Concorde
- 9 short-answer comprehension questions in English
- 9 short-answer comprehension questions in French
- Answer key
- Resources page with links to videos and website
The Google™ drive item includes:
- Google™ slides reading in French
- Google™ slides 9 short answer questions in English
- Google™ slides 9 short answer questions in French
- Answer key
- Links to related resources
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!