This Thomas Pesquet French Comprehensible Input will teach your students about the astronaut Thomas Pesqueet.
Comprehensible input is important in a world languages class – but you can’t always do stories. This is a French comprehensible input lesson that uses target structures in a comprehensible way to teach about a nonfiction topic -astronaut Thomas Pesquet, who recently spent 6 months on board commanding a mission on the ISS. The text is simple enough for first semester French.
The target structures are:
- il quitte la terre
- pendant le voyage
- il fait
- dans l’espace
This item includes:
- A 25-slide powerpoint biography about Pesquet and his trip to the ISS
- a printable version of the story on a single page
- comprehension questions about the story
- a grammar explanation and practice worksheet about the je, il and elle form of er verbs
- guided story retell and rewrite sheets with images from the powerpoint
- additional resources page
- answer key
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!