This Leonardo da Vinci French reading comprehension activity will teach your students about Leonardo da Vinci. Da Vinci is an interesting and amazing man of the Renaissance. He painted, studied anatomy, designed castles, and was an inventor and an engineer. This reading tells the story of the man behind the most famous painting in the world.
It is suitable for novice-high/intermediate-low students with teacher guidance and higher-level students to work independently. If you teach AP French, this reading can be useful in giving your students practice reading nonfiction articles for the interpretive section of the test. The reading can lead to discussion or writing activities to include the other two modes of communication.
Includes a printable reading with vocabulary, comprehension questions in both English and French, answer key, and links to related videos and websites.
The print version includes:
- 3 -page article in French about da Vinci for intermediate/advanced French learners
- 2-page reading in simplified French for beginning learners (present tense, limited vocabulary)
- 14 comprehension questions in English
- 8 comprehension questions in French
- Answer key
- Resources page with links to videos and website