Comprehensible input is important in a world languages class – but you can’t always do stories. This is a French comprehensible input lesson that uses target structures in a comprehensible way to teach about a nonfiction topic – fashion in France. The story includes both the passé composé and imparfait, so it is appropriate for second year and beyond.
The target structures are:
- la couture
This item includes:
- a 23-slide powerpoint with repetition of the target vocabulary
- a text version of the powerpoint
- comprehension questions
- a grammar explanation on when to use the imparfait
- a story retell sheet with photos – one for writing, one for oral retell
- a list of associated videos
- a complete answer key
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!