This French winter sports activities reading comprehension unit has information and activities to learn about the different winter sports. This French winter sports activities packet is especially timely with so many big international events taking place this year!
The unit includes:
• 2-page reading about the different sports and athletes
• 15 printable 8X10 posters with the French term for each sport (including 2 versions of snowboarding – le snowboard and le surf des neiges)
• comprehension questions
• a vocabulary activity – name the activity pictured
• athlete dossiers – 16 different athletes from France and Canada – research their biographical information, what sport they do, what country they represent and what they’ve achieved. Includes a blank sheet so students can choose other athletes if desired. Includes social media links to athletes so you can follow them online.
• answer key to comprehension/vocabulary activity
• related videos and website links
With large upcoming international competitions taking place in 2022, it’s the perfect time to learn about French winter sports activities. Your students can learn about sports that they may not have heard of before and follow the competitions.