This French reading comprehension activity will teach your students about the big song contest that takes place every year and gets all of Europe excited! This year the contest will be hosted by Turin, Italy and will take place between May 10-14.
This French reading activity includes three versions of the article – one for novice learners, one for intermediate learners (includes more past tense and expanded vocabulary) and one for advanced learners (includes the subjunctive and other more complex verb tenses). No matter which version you use with your students, the comprehension questions in French and English will allow them to show you that they’ve understood. Each reading includes a glossary at the bottom of each page.
In addition to the readings, you will find an answer key and related resources – including a list to the playlist of all the songs! Your students can use the included voting form to rate each song and determine which ones they think have earned enough points to move on. Watch as a class or as homework, then calculate votes from your own students – how closely will they match the results of the real contest?
The print version includes:
- 3-page article in French about the history of the song contest – in novice, intermediate and advanced versions
- 6 comprehension questions in English
- 9 comprehension questions in French
- an activity about the contest – rate each performance and cast your vote for the singers and groups you think deserve to move on to the next round
- Resources page with links to videos and website
- Answer key
Click HERE to join my mailing list and get a free article about adapting a textbook to CI!